We are thrilled to introduce you to Maria Moyà.
Maria is born on a little island of Spain, in Mallorca. In her free time, she adores photography (especially analog) and her favorite set is always Mallorca with its culture and its Mediterranean Sea. She works in the art department in film-making (cinema, tv, advertising ...). In this department, she take care of the decoration of the sets and all the necessary props.
1. How would you describe your photography style / Film photography?
I love the romanticism of the film. The colors and its textures. And of course, what has marked my essence the most is my Island, Mallorca. I love its nature, its light, its simplicity. Also, I have felt attached to this island since I was born, an island that means home to me.
2. What is the most rewarding part of being a photographer for you?
Perhaps one the most silent rewards of being a photographer is the chance to capture unique moments and images on film.
3. What inspires you?
Everything that surrounds me inspires me. Balearic Island with it’s lifestyle, the Mediterranean light, the color of the sea, is a place that inspires me the most.
Also other elements, from images of social networks (I follow many accounts that inspire me a lot every day), to movies, books, or music.
4. What is your favorite subject to photograph?
The Mediterranean lifestyle is my favorite subject to photograph.
5. How did you find your own photography style and what do you think about when you edit your photos?
I discovered my photography style thanks to the book "Rediscovering the Mediterranean". The book contains paintings of Mediterranean landscapes and portraits of geniuses such as Picasso, Ignacio Pinazo, etc. This book inspires me to edit the photos.
6. If you could magically do one thing, what would you do?
I would go back to the past, when I was a little girl and my grandfather came to look for me to go see the sunset from his little LlaÜt (classic Balearic boat). We contemplated the scene while the sun sank into the waves of the sea.
7. What brings you the most joy in life?
The aesthetic of nature itself, the beauty of its composition and seeing it represented in a photograph is one of the greatest pleasures of my life.
8. If you found out your current life has been just a dream, would you choose to wake up? (You don’t know if your real life would be better or worse.)
I don’t want to wake up. I want to live what I’m living right now. The past makes me what I’m right now and what I’m living. There is much to learn and discover.
10. What Movie Can You Watch Over And Over Again?
Mamma Mia of course!
11. What Would Be Your “Perfect” Day?
For me, a perfect day is just breathing the peace of the little things that I love.
12. What is your morning routine?
I do the famous ritual my grandmother taught me. Every morning I pick a lemon from the tree and drink a glass of warm water with a splash of juice. It is a home remedy with many benefits!
13. Do you consider yourself a full time dreamer?
A part of myself is an intense dreamer and this part of me comes out in my moments as a creator. Inspiration is born from dreams, of those moments when you evade the reality.
Doesn't Maria looks beautiful in our Joyful Pink Pyjama set?